Marketing Communications Lead
Jenga is Kenyan start-up that delivers a suite of services for our customers. Jenga designs and
develops websites and applications; implements Odoo ERP and places its software engineers in
global tech companies on short or long-term engagements, working remotely from Kenya. Jenga has
a team of high calibre engineers who are carefully selected based on academic credentials and
interpersonal skills and trained to deliver projects with the highest standards.
Jenga is looking for a Marketing Communications Lead to manage our communication
with current and
prospective customers to raise Jenga brand awareness and build Jenga’s reputation as a respected
African engineering company.
The Sales Executive will focus on pre-sales and will specialize in researching
prospects over phone and e-mail, using multiple online developer recruitment channels such as
Upwork as well as directly identifying suitable companies in global tech start-up hubs. The
Sales Executive will need to qualify each opportunity and build a sales-qualified pipeline of
prospects. Once qualified, these leads will be transitioned to Jenga’s senior team who will
close the sale.
Key responsibilities will include defining a marketing and communications strategy
well-planned marketing initiatives to our target audience with a goal of attracting new
customers for Jenga’s service offering.
The KPI for this role will be the number of inbound leads generated.
- Independently set and monitor targets
- Identify Jenga’s target audience and how to communicate to them effectively
- Initiate a sustainable and long-term narrative, positioning Jenga as a reputed African
engineering company and a thought leader in building successful distributed engineering
- Post relevant blogs /articles/statistics/customer testimonials
- Publish proprietary articles detailing, for instance a) our experiences in building
remote engineering team & b) the impact we’re having on our customers
- Create and design content for various online and offline channels
- Create content (press releases, blog posts, features, newsletters, marketing copy
for website, etc.) to educate our target audience and build the brand’s awareness in
- Design any promotional material
- Conceptualize, plan and execute communications initiatives that engage Jenga’s target
audience. Deliver these initiatives through organized campaigns with a clear timeframe,
objective, budget and impact
- Field Marketing (offline) initiatives:
- Network with industry experts and potential clients to drive brandawareness
- Set up events to promote Jenga’s products and services during events, i.e.
“Accounting and Payroll masterclass”
- Gather customer feedback to inform sales and product teams
- Digital Marketing (online) initiatives:
- Post new marketing content on the website
- Monitor corporate website and address clients’ queries
- Join social media groups and professional platforms to post about
industry-related topics, Jenga-relevant news and address clients’ queries
- Establish active presence on LinkedIn
- Set up a mass mailing list and keep in touch with target audiences for
Jenga’s various service offering with newsletters, ads etc.
- BSc in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent
- 2 years minimum experience in marketing / public relations preferably in the technology
- Familiarity with B2B marketing campaigns
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools
- Deep understanding and experience of social media platforms and effective marketing
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and critical thinker with an ability to craft narratives
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Good presentation skills
- Passion for the Jenga brand
- Good Listener
- Project Manager
- Work in a team with diverse backgrounds and an open-communication culture
- Learn by being provided with regular and constructive feedback, mentoring, training
opportunities and our in-house knowledge base
- Gain valuable experience through your involvement in projects across multiple industries and
- Thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility in a small, agile, and growing team,
to demonstrate your skills and grow through merit
- Deliver a tangible impact on customer satisfaction, as Jenga is committed to finding the
right solution for the right client and delivering it with the highest level of professional
- Promote the growth of African businesses, by equipping them with the right tools and support
to unleash their potential
- Competitive salary, that will grow as you grow
- 21 days holiday – and we will make you take it. Burnout is not big or clever.
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time
and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow.
- As much of our time as you need. You professional growth is important to us, and we want to
help you to be awesome.
- Sensible problems that will add real value to real people. Work without impact is
- More benefits to come as we grow – and as a team member, we’ll ask for your suggestions!
- The recruitment process takes place in 3 steps:
- Pre-screening: An online form to fill in
- Qualified candidates invited for a face-to-face interview at our office
- Interview outcome communicated
If this looks like you, please send us your name, email, resume and
cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org